Author: Katie Paliotti
Just as a preface to any baking recipes that I post, I am the kind of baker who mixes up teaspoons and tablespoons and occasionally uses baking soda, instead of baking powder. If you ask my mom, she will tell you I have been ruining Christmas cookie recipes for 20 years.
Why is this relevant? It means that any recipe I do is SUPER simple and if I can do it, I’m pretty sure anyone can do it!
This will be my third fall season making this bread. I think the fall is the worst season to have a gluten/dairy allergy because you really miss out on the best breads and pies. However, thanks to this recipe I have a little less food FOMO (fear of missing out)!
Definitely worth trying!
- Greased Mini Loaf Pan (9x5) (Can also try making them into muffins!)
- Hand Mixer if you have one, I usually go without.
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (cooked) (NOT THE SWEETENED PIE FILLING)
1 ripe banana
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup Almond Flour
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
4 pastured eggs
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (if not available, use cinnamon and nutmeg)
Optional Add-ins: Chocolate Chips, Walnuts
What To Do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°.
2. Mash Bananas in a smooth puree (with a fork)
3. Mix in pumpkin puree, eggs and rest of wet ingredients
4. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients together
5. Add the wet and dry ingredients and blend together with hand mixer
6. Pour batter into a greased mini loaf pan
7. Let cook for 30-35 min (until you can stick with a fork and it comes out clean!)
***TIP: Let cool before cutting