One of the biggest complaints we hear about meal prep is that the meals can get boring. This recipe is an example of a great way to take a more generic ground turkey and rice meal and make it feel a lot more satisfying.
***For this recipe, we chose to add the rice and the turkey separately, so that we can portion out each one individually and get a better idea of the grams from carbs and protein. If you are not to concerned about knowing your exact portions you can mix the rice and turkey and add them to the pepper together.
6 large sized bell peppers (any color)
2 cups cooked rice (~1/3 cup in each pepper) (pre-cooked in the rice cooker)
½ onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1.5 lbs organic ground turkey (93% lean)
1 cup diced tomato
½ can corn
Salt and pepper
¼ teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
· Shredded Cheese
What To Do
1. Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds.
2. In a skillet, brown the ground turkey
3. Add onions and garlic. Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add the corn, tomato and seasoning. Low simmer for 5 more minutes.
5. Measure out 1/3 cup of rice and add to each pepper.
6. Measure of 4 oz of meat mixture and add to pepper.
7. Add 1/3 cup of water into base of dish
8. Wrap dish tight with tin foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to soften peppers.